Wednesday, October 4, 2017

When I Die

When I die I won't be remembered for long
Like Jerry, Dave and Andy
Family will grieve for a little while
Friends and acquaintances will say
'Oh Jerry passed away last week'
Someone else will say
'Good innings'
And another
'Great for an evening out'
Then as the clock ticks
Memory fades
Fewer people remember

When I die I will go happy that I lived
Today, tomorrow, whenever it comes
From nowhere I came
I was here
To nowhere I go
What is important is
I was present
For you reading this
For people around me
I am here now
And for myself
As long as I can

When I die I will remember this
I sense I feel I think
A story evolves
I seek to confirm it is true
Questions arise
Answers evade
Just out of grasp
Awareness grows
I am a fiction
I did create
I had no choice
With the pen I had


No comments:

Post a Comment